HUNGRY FOR CHANGE - Food Summit
~The Economic Impacts of Hunger and Local Food~
November 18, 2016 ~ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
1 W. Second St., Dayton, Ohio
Hosted by Montgomery County Food Policy Coalition, Public Health—Dayton & Montgomery County, University of Dayton Hanley Sustainability Institute, Five Rivers MetroParks, and Partners for the Environment
County Commissioner Judy Dodge, Health Commissioner Jeff Cooper, and Ambassador Tony Hall invite you to the 7th annual Montgomery County Food Summit
Are YOU Hungry For Change?
The food summit will focus on the health impacts of hunger and the economic impacts of local food in our community...and how WE can make a difference!
Hear from the experts:
- Andrew Courter—Dayton - Montgomery County Food & Hunger Coalition
- Emilie Westcott and Becky Gonter-Dray—Dayton Children’s Hospital
- Mary Sue Gmeiner—Partners for the Environment Food Team
- Clayton Mathile, Evan Eichenauer, Sarah Hartley, and Katie Kohnen—CJ High School
- Dan Remley—OSU Extension
- Kelly Bohrer, Diana Cuy Castellanos, and Jeanne Holcomb—University of Dayton
- Shaun Hamilton—Premier Health
- Luci Beachdell—Five Rivers MetroParks
- Teri Schoch—Partners for the Environment
- Tony Logan—USDA
- David Weickert—Compost Dayton
Learn about food waste reduction and recovery, cottage food industry, small farming programs, health implications of living in a food desert, gleaning programs, best-by and use-by dates, hospital roles in hunger issues, the interconnectivity of local food and hunger systems, and the economics of the gardening continuum.
RSVP by November 15th to:
Emily Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-225-6470
This is a FREE event and lunch will be provided.